Automatic fallthrough nodes created upon importing from Arcweave.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
RoguesideMenno

Automatic fallthrough nodes created upon importing from Arcweave.

Post by RoguesideMenno »

We're using the plugin in conjunction with our writer handling everything in Arcweave.
So far, importing everything as a JSON has worked fine, but currently we're experiencing an issue and we're not sure if it is because of our modifications to the plugin's source code or if we need to update the plugin since Arcweave has been pushing some changes.

In the past, when we imported, Pixel Crusher would create these fallback nodes automatically on nodes where the Arcscript had errors.

Pixel Crusher.png
Pixel Crusher.png (25.82 KiB) Viewed 107 times

We've made sure to fix all these in Arcweave first and importing would remove the fallthrough nodes.
However recently we noticed these fallthrough nodes keep appearing even if the export contains no errors. This is the same node in Arcweave:

Arcweave.png
Arcweave.png (19.68 KiB) Viewed 107 times

Is it because of changes in the way Arcweave handles variables or is there perhaps a way we can disable the fallback generation? In this case we just want the dialog option to only appear under certain conditions without having an else.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Tony Li

Re: Automatic fallthrough nodes created upon importing from Arcweave.

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll look into that. If a fallback node isn't needed, I'll make sure it isn't created.

If you're directly modifying the Arcweave importer source code, I strongly suggest using a subclass (if you're importing at runtime) or requesting a code hook for anything you need to add. This way you can write your own code without having to directly modify the original code, and you won't lose your customizations when you update. The Arcweave import code is updated fairly frequently.
Tony Li

Re: Automatic fallthrough nodes created upon importing from Arcweave.

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I've gotten to this task in the backlog, and I have a question. From what I can tell, this looks correct.

If the condition is true, it will show the text in the if...endif block and go to whatever element(s) that if...endif element links to.

If the condition isn't true, it will not show the text, but it will still go to whatever element(s) that if...endif element links to.

Is that how you understand it, too?