Save Dialouge Node progress?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Hereder

Save Dialouge Node progress?

Post by Hereder »

How do I save the progress I've made in my Dialogue tree?
Often I make 3-5 nodes of dialogue and conditions etc, and then I go over to another dialouge or click somwhere else, and when I'm back to the dialogue tree, its all gone. I keep press "Ctrl S" as a reflex all the time, but it seems like it wont save for sure.

Does anyone else have this issue or is there a proper "SAVE" button in my Conversation Screen?
Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: Save Dialouge Node progress?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are you using the current Dialogue System version? Also, what Unity version are you using? I had to implement some workarounds due to issues with Unity's Asset Database v2 that could cause it to forget that an asset (the dialogue database in this case) was marked dirty and should be saved.
Hereder

Post by Hereder »

Ok, I use: Version 2.2.39
And Unity: 2022.3.6f1 <DX11>
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Can you update to 2.2.43?
Hereder

Post by Hereder »

Tony Li wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:44 am Can you update to 2.2.43?
Aight! I updaded it. I messed around with it and it seems like its still erasing my nodes. :S Its random when it does it.
I dont know if It might happen hwen I tab out from the Unity Editor and it is as if its not saving due to that.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Can you identify a set of steps that consistently produces the issue? Also, can you update to the current Unity 2022 LTS version?

Side note: I'm working on an updated editor that bypasses this Asset Database issue entirely, as well as adding some nice new features. It's a priority to get it out as soon as possible.
Hereder

Post by Hereder »

OK, i will give it a go. ALways scared to update Unity :P But I've got some cleaning up to do So I will try now. Otherwise I wait for the update.

Ah, turns out Im using: 2022.3.6f1 LTS
Hereder

Post by Hereder »

Tony Li wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:44 pm Can you identify a set of steps that consistently produces the issue? Also, can you update to the current Unity 2022 LTS version?

Side note: I'm working on an updated editor that bypasses this Asset Database issue entirely, as well as adding some nice new features. It's a priority to get it out as soon as possible.
I keep having the problem where it just wont save the changes I do in the Conversation window.
Is this a common issue or is it due to my version?
Anyway, where will the update be announced once its ready?
thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If possible, update to the latest Unity 2022.3 release.

I'll post the update here when it's available. The most immediate update won't have the new editor window, but I'm aiming to have it in the one after GDC.
njuicetea

Post by njuicetea »

I'm having the same issue with the newest version of the Dialogue System 2.2.47 and the latest Unity 2022 LTS. It happens seemingly randomly. I mash `cmd+s` and `File > Save` and it's always a gamble if it has actually saved the Dialogue tree.