How to make an audioclip stop when button press

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
JoshTheGiff

How to make an audioclip stop when button press

Post by JoshTheGiff »

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this asset in Unity so I could really use some help that the documentation didn't really help me with. So I have a dialogue that starts with a person snoring. I have a script that starts the snoring and it stops shortly after an alarm plays. The alarm is set to a loop and will continue to play until I select one of two options [Press Snooze] or [Wake up]. The problem is I can't get it to stop at all. I tried looking into Sequences where I found an AudioStop sequence and reference my AlarmStop Method in my c# script but that isn't working. I have it like this AudioStop(SoundManager.AlarmStop); When I select check it shows up green so it looks like it would work. I also found something that said to write it like this [Script(SoundManager.AlarmStop)] but that doesn't work either. Then I read something that said I need to expose my script via Lua. So I added this to my script Lua.RegisterFunction("AlarmStop", this, SymbolExtensions.GetMethodInfo(() => AlarmStop())); and then wrote the sequence like this [Lua(AlarmStop())] and that didn't work either. So I am at a loss and could use some help. How my dialogue is set up is as follows.
1. Snoring audio starts and ZZZZZZZZ shows up in my dialogue the a few seconds later an alarm sounds goes off
2. "Ugh it is morning already" comes up next and I select that to show two options
3. Hit Snooze or Wake up
4. I want both of those to stop the alarm sounds
JoshTheGiff

Re: How to make an audioclip stop when button press

Post by JoshTheGiff »

So I changed it to having a game object called Alarm Clock that has an audio source on it. I then use the sequence SendMessage(Stop, ,Alarm Clock) but that isn't working either
JoshTheGiff

Re: How to make an audioclip stop when button press

Post by JoshTheGiff »

I figured it out. Instead of using SendMessage, which I really want to learn because it seems powerful, I used AudioStop(GameObject), it wasn't working before because I have it set to a script and was trying to use it to call that script instead of just referencing the GameObject