Can change Cinemachine Priority with Cinemachine Priority On Dialogue Event but not with sequencer

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
cjtheegamedev

Can change Cinemachine Priority with Cinemachine Priority On Dialogue Event but not with sequencer

Post by cjtheegamedev »

I can change Cinemachine Priority with Cinemachine Priority On Dialogue Event but not with sequencer. Is ther something simple Im missing?

I have a game object with a vcam called "FocusCam" but when I try to use this in the sequencer it does not work: CinemachinePriority(FocusCam, 99);

Please let me know of any additional info I should add.
Tony Li

Re: Can change Cinemachine Priority with Cinemachine Priority On Dialogue Event but not with sequencer

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?

You can temporarily set the Dialogue Manager's Other Settings > Debug Level to Info and keep an eye on the Console for messages such as:

Dialogue System: Sequencer: CinemachinePriority(FocusCam, 99)

This will let you know that it's actually trying to run that command and set FocusCam's vcam priority to 99.
cjtheegamedev

Re: Can change Cinemachine Priority with Cinemachine Priority On Dialogue Event but not with sequencer

Post by cjtheegamedev »

Thanks Tony!

Changing the debug level to "Info" helped me track down my issue. Its really embarrasing but I spent an hour trying to fix the issue just to find out I was updating the Dialogue Database (Auto-Backup) instead of the actual dialogue database :oops:
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'm glad you found the issue. If you're editing the auto-backup, the Dialogue Editor should show the database name in a red watermark in the lower left corner. If you don't see this, turn on the database name feature in the Dialogue Editor's Database section > Editor Settings. It's handy to keep this on, since I've done the exact same thing at times. (Similarly, if you're editing a conversation and the conversation's Actor or Conversant is unassigned, the lower right corner will show a watermark in red.)