Occasionally the dialog seems to get stuck when continuing too fast

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Dralks

Occasionally the dialog seems to get stuck when continuing too fast

Post by Dralks »

Hi Again Tony, we are having a big issue, our game has been released and some players noticed that very occasionally if you spam dialogues very very fast by clicking (like very fast) the dialog finishes normally but then every other dialog after that gets blocked for around 30 seconds or so, it acts like it is talking but no dialog shows, I managed to replicate this and noticed that "DialogueManager.isConversationActive" is constantly returning true for a while without a dialog, even after a "DialogueManager.StopConversation();" it seems to still think that it is in a conversation and acts like a conversation is happening but without the UI.

Is there a reliable way to kill a conversation if the user spams that continue button, We are using an old version of the plugin, probably 2/3 years old, it would be too dangerous updating it at this point.

if we can set a click delay somewhere that could do as well, so people cannot spam continue like there is no tomorrow, I couldn't see any option for that in continue, just a simulate click during x time

edit: found that it started happening when we added Mouse 0 as a skip option in the continue button, mouse 0 is also submit so I selected the option that prevents double click (otherwise it would directly skip the dialog instead of finishing the typewriter), but that added this issue
Dralks

Re: Occasionally the dialog seems to get stuck when continuing too fast

Post by Dralks »

Managed to fix this by manually setting a delay when interacting, now everything works as expected
Tony Li

Re: Occasionally the dialog seems to get stuck when continuing too fast

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Glad you found a solution. Yes, if you map mouse 0 to a UI Button Key Trigger, and mouse 0 is also mapped to the EventSystem's Submit input, it can cause problems -- but adding an input delay will avoid it.