Cutscene issues

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
hrohibil

Cutscene issues

Post by hrohibil »

Hey Tony

Instead of starting a conversation, I just want to play a sequence when the player enters the DS trigger.

A few issues here:

1:
I use the Camera(camBozzTransform,,0.2) as I want an instant move to the transform position.
I setup the transform by adding a new camera, position it as I want it, then i created a child empty so it has the same transforms. Then I refer to this transform.
My issue is that the transition to that location never happened, it very slowly moves forward and when hitting an obstacle it stops, i can even hear my players footstep, which bring brings me to my second issue

2:
I am using a FPS rigidbody character controller, after the above issue, when the camera returns to player, something is way off, as i move my mouse the FPS camera moves around the whole scene! I don't have same control of the player anymore..
What causes this? How do ensure to freeze everything on the player while the above cutscene is running?
Is the cutscene using the FPS camera? Maybe thats the issue

Tony Li

Re: Cutscene issues

Post by Tony Li »

Please review the Interaction Tutorial for information about how to disable the player's scripts during cutscenes.
hrohibil

Post by hrohibil »

I will check it for sure.

But lets say that solves my player not moving, but what about the camera issue i mentioned?

Its moving slowly towards the target location but never really get there?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Maybe something else is also trying to control the camera? See the Interaction Tutorial to know how to disable the other script during conversations.