"Sync from" option missing in dialogue editor

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
urrmurrmur

"Sync from" option missing in dialogue editor

Post by urrmurrmur »

Hi,

I started working on my project with a separate DB per scene (it is a linear game with little overlap between scenes). I've now come to a point where I want to share some info between scenes, so I was considering merging everything into a single DB. I decided against that though, since it would be a lot of work at this point, and the benefits are limited.

I also noticed that the current version of DSFU seems to make it easier than before to work with mulitple DBs, so I updated to the latest version (v2.2.34) to try this.
I'm basically just planning to have some global variables in the master DB, and store all conversations and scene-specific variables in the per scene databases.

However, it seems I'm missing an option. The tutorial refers to a "Sync from" option:

But that doesn't seem to be present in my version.
EDIT: the img-tag doesn't seem to like Google Drive links. This is the screenshot I took: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O9XeeB ... share_link

Is there any reason for this?

A second, related question: if I do sync actors from a different DB, can I change their settings (e.g., whether they are the player or not)? The player character changes between scenes, and characters might be PC in one scene and NPC in the next. No big deal if this is not possible, I'll just keep working with the current system and have the actors defined per scene in that case.
Tony Li

Re: "Sync from" option missing in dialogue editor

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
urrmurrmur wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:58 amThe tutorial refers to a "Sync from" option:
But that doesn't seem to be present in my version.
You must select Menu > Sync From DB to get the Sync From field.
urrmurrmur wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:58 amA second, related question: if I do sync actors from a different DB, can I change their settings (e.g., whether they are the player or not)?
No; they're kept in exact sync.