No RPG kit store

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
terrymorgan

No RPG kit store

Post by terrymorgan »

The converser's store button doesn't work, rpg kit 3.13 unity 5.3.2, dialog system 1.5.9. Completely baffled by the import options for 1.6, what do I need to import?
everything is grayed out

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Unitycoding.ItemSystem.BaseItemTrigger+<DelayExecution>c__Iterator15.MoveNext () (at Assets/Unitycoding/Item System/Scripts/Runtime/Triggers/BaseItemTrigger.cs:125)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
Unitycoding.ItemSystem.BaseItemTrigger:Execute() (at Assets/Unitycoding/Item System/Scripts/Runtime/Triggers/BaseItemTrigger.cs:118)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.RPGKit.RPGKitBridge:OpenShop(String) (at Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/RPG Kit/Scripts/RPGKitBridge.cs:440)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Language.Lua.LuaMethodFunction:InvokeMethod(LuaValue[])
Language.Lua.FunctionCall:Evaluate(LuaValue, LuaTable)
Language.Lua.PrimaryExpr:Evaluate(LuaTable)
Language.Lua.ExprStmt:Execute(LuaTable, Boolean&)
Language.Lua.Chunk:Execute(Boolean&)
Language.Lua.Chunk:Execute()
Language.Lua.LuaInterpreter:Interpreter(String, LuaTable)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Lua:RunRaw(String, Boolean, Boolean)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Lua:Run(String, Boolean, Boolean)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationModel:GetState(DialogueEntry, Boolean, Boolean)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationModel:GetState(DialogueEntry)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationController:OnSelectedResponse(Object, SelectedResponseEventArgs)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationView:SelectResponse(SelectedResponseEventArgs)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationView:OnSelectedResponse(Object, SelectedResponseEventArgs)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.AbstractDialogueUI:OnClick(Object)
UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.UnityUIResponseButton:OnClick() (at Assets/Dialogue System/Scripts/Supplemental/UI/Dialogue UI/UnityUIResponseButton.cs:151)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
Attachments
import_options.jpg
import_options.jpg (64.62 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
Tony Li

Re: No RPG kit store

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Terry,

Unity 5.3+ made the importer much more confusing.
  • Folders are gray.
  • Files that don't need to be updated don't have a checkbox.
  • Files that need to be updated have a checkbox. Unless you have a specific reason not to (such as not wanting to include the Examples stuff), they should all be ticked.
Try updating to 1.6.0.1 and check the store again. From the error message, I don't think that's going to fix this issue. If it doesn't fix the issue, try setting up the same NPC as a regular RPG Kit shopkeeper (i.e., not through the Dialogue System). Once you're sure that's working, hook in the Dialogue System stuff.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I did all that, there's no way to deselect an entire folder, like 'examples' has to be deleted after you import everything.
The store thing's still not working, I already have a store person from RPG kit in the scenet, so I don't really need it, wonder why yours doesn't work though.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Does the shopkeeper (Converser) that comes with the Dialogue System's RPG Kit Support package work correctly for you?
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

The default Converser is the one I'm talking about, I dragged it in again to see if that made any difference.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

You're right. Looks like it broke with RPG Kit 3.1.1+. I just put an updated package on the Extras page. You can download it directly here, too: RPGKit_Support_2016-04-09.unitypackage

The only file you really need to import is RPGKitBridge.cs to get the 2-line change required to handle RPG Kit 3.1.1+.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

Store is back, just imported the 1 script, haven't messed with the key conversation.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

terrymorgan wrote:Store is back, just imported the 1 script, haven't messed with the key conversation.
That'll work, although I do recommend updating to 1.6.1.1. It has some good improvements to the Dialogue Editor and general UI stuff.