quest tracking hud

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
glen

quest tracking hud

Post by glen »

Hi there, as I mentioned on another thread I am having a little issue trying to set up the quest track hud. When it comes to setting template as in attached image it does not allow me to drag or drop the template in the slot nor does it give me any options to choose one in the pop up menu. ANy ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated
regards
glen
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (80.59 KiB) Viewed 375 times
Tony Li

Re: quest tracking hud

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The quest track template should be a child of the quest tracker HUD. For examples, see the included prefabs such as Basic Standard Quest Tracker HUD.
glen

Post by glen »

Hi Tony if you look at the image in my hierarchy I have set it up as the tutorial said and you can see that there is a child of the hud called template. Am I just being daft?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Try dragging the Quest Track Template child GameObject into the Quest Track Template field:

assignQuestTrackTemplate.png
assignQuestTrackTemplate.png (284.32 KiB) Viewed 365 times

If it won't go in there, make sure the Quest Track Template child GameObject has a Unity UI Quest Track Template component.

Or, better yet, use a Standard UI Quest Tracker component on the main tracker GameObject, and add a Standard UI Quest Track Template to the Quest Track Template child GameObject. (Unity UI Quest Track Template is an older implementation. It's deprecated but still supported.)