finky camera after loading

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
timbecile

finky camera after loading

Post by timbecile »

Hey Tony,

just wondering if anyone else has reported an issue where after loading with the dialogue manager the main camera is tweaked at an angle instead of being square and level? It just started happening and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's happening
Tony Li

Re: finky camera after loading

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I think we'll need to dig into a few details to identify the issue. Are you using a camera/controller framework such as Opsive or ORK? Does this happen after loading a saved game? If so, are the camera or player GameObject configured to survive scene changes? They're generally not, and instead the scene instance pulls its state from the save system.
timbecile

Post by timbecile »

I'm using FPC Controller for the controller. The camera game object is in don't destroy on load.

I'm sure it's something I did because it was working fine before. I just don't know where it's breaking.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Is that an Asset Store controller, such as FPC Pro? Or Unity's Standard Assets first person controller? If it's the Standard Assets controller, see this post.
timbecile

Post by timbecile »

looks like it was a simple axis setting that was set wrong. so I think it's working.

But now I'm not getting responses from subscribing to SaveSystem.OnSceneLoaded. Still looking at that though