Empty Node - Speech Bubble does not disappear

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
OneManOnMars

Empty Node - Speech Bubble does not disappear

Post by OneManOnMars »

Hey Tony, I have another question.

I quite often use empty conversation nodes, simply to run sequences mid-conversation. Or at the end of a conversation to run some custom scripts.

Back with 1.7 the speech bubble simply disappeared when an empty node (Text node with no text) was active. It just ran the sequence with no visible speech bubble. This was perfect. Now being on 2.2 the speech bubble always shows the text of the previous text node.

Do you have any idea why this is that way and what I could do to get rid of this? Ideally, we can find a global solution. Because I have quite some text and If I have to go through all conversations looking for these empty nodes, well let's say that would be a lot of work.

Thanks so much in advance.
Tony Li

Re: Empty Node - Speech Bubble does not disappear

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Inspect the speech bubble's Standard UI Subtitle Panel, and change the Visibility dropdown to Only During Content. You may also want to get rid of the show and hide animations since they will try to play for each node.
OneManOnMars

Post by OneManOnMars »

Perfect, thank you. I could have known, we have changed the setting during debugging the speech bubble issues after the update. Sorry, and thanks for your patience.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help! I'm glad it's working now.