Action RPG Starter Kit - DSTeleporter.cs Script

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: Action RPG Starter Kit - DSTeleporter.cs Script

Post by Tony Li »

I missed a line in the Ladder.cs script (onLadder=false in OnTriggerExit). I fixed it in the code above.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

Ladder's working with no jitters, thanks
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Great! Thanks for pointing out that there was a bug. It was a simple little omission, but I have to confess it had me stumped for a while. :oops:
bohnstudios

Post by bohnstudios »

When you switch scenes using the DSteleporter.cs script, a steel sword is added to your equipment inventory each time. I've been stripping down the example "test" scenes and taking out the unused objects with .js on them, but I haven't found out what's causing it. I also checked the recent iterations in my backups and a steel sword also gets added on older versions of the third party support package. Any ideas?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'll take a look into this and report back later today. It's possible that the original ARPG scripts are pulling old data stored in PlayerPrefs and applying it to the player.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Sorry, it was a small bug in the Dialogue System's ARPG Bridge script. It's fixed in this updated package:

ARPGStarterKit_Support_2015-09-04.unitypackage
bohnstudios

Post by bohnstudios »

Thanks Tony! You're awesome!
bohnstudios

Post by bohnstudios »

Hi Tony, I was unpacking the files and noticed that the link contained "2d Action RPG Starter Kit". Same thing with the Extras download page link.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

And that's why I use uTomate for regular releases to avoid human error. :-)

Sorry about that; I dragged the wrong file over. The link has been updated and should point to the right file now.
bohnstudios

Post by bohnstudios »

That solved the sword item being added on scene change, but now it takes away the armor when you change scenes (armor has to be equipped). Also, the DSSaveLoad.cs file that was updated in the most recent link is causing problem a with the mouse-cursor on the Save/Load menu...when you press escape you can't see the mouse cursor. I tried a couple fresh installs just to be sure and changed out the old DSSaveLoad.cs to check...fairly certain the mouse-cursor bug is somewhere in that updated script.

I'm testing everything with each build so I'll let you know if I find anything else. I can't fix most of the things very quickly (if at all), but I can at least help you find them! Thanks again for looking into these things. I want to make sure that the foundation is solid before I spend countless hours building my actual game demo. I'm going pretty high-end on my environment, models, cut-scenes, content etc.