An Idea: Add an Inventory UI Panel

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: An Idea: Add an Inventory UI Panel

Post by Tony Li »

Alatriste wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:46 pmOk, I finally found the problem:

The name of the inventory was correct. It was the "DemoGameManager" game object, that aparente is mandatory, unless you make some coding, as it reads in the documentation of Inventory Engine:
"if you decide to get rid of demo elements, such as the InventoryDemoGameManager, make sure you implement their behaviors somewhere in your own classes!"
The problem is that in the video tutorial that was not clear enough, so if you just follow the tutorial to implement the add-on in your own scene, you will get the error I was getting. The solution is as it reads in the documentation:
the fast way is to open one of your scenes, drag and drop the PixelRogueRoom1 demo scene into it, drag and drop elements from it into your scene, and remove it. The elements you’ll want to drag and drop that way are the Inventories and InventoryCanvas objects. The Inventories hold the inventory data, and the InventoryCanvas contains everything you need to interact with it. You’ll probably want to modify, rename and reorganize its contents to suit your needs.
I'll add a note to the Dialogue System's Inventory Engine Support documentation to help other users in the future.
Alatriste wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:46 pmDo you know if the script "Localize UI" will work with the text fields of the inventory descriptions of Inventory Engine?
Not yet, but the next Dialogue System update will have a script that does this.
Alatriste wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:46 pmAnyway, all sorted now. I hope the saving/loading still work once I finish the implementation. :? 😉
I'm working on a Saver component for Inventory Engine. Currently the integration is designed to use Inventory Engine's save system. The Saver component will be in the next version of the Dialogue System so you can save Inventory Engine using the Dialogue System's save system.
Alatriste

Post by Alatriste »

Thanks as always Tony!

And merry christmas!! ;)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Merry Christmas!