Celtx - Actor Fields

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
jay

Re: Celtx - Actor Fields

Post by jay »

The images are named the same in both celtx and unity. However, I cannot find the name of the image at all in the script json that celtx exports.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Sorry, I steered you completely wrong. I was thinking of a different import format. For the Celtx importers, name your portrait images with the same name as the character itself. Put them in a folder inside Assets, and specify that folder in the importer's Portrait Folder field. But there's a bug that's fixed in this patch:

DS_CeltxPatch_2023-02-21.unitypackage
jay

Post by jay »

Hi,

The patch throws a compiler error--

Assets\Plugins\Pixel Crushers\Dialogue System\Scripts\Editor\Tools\Importers\Celtx3\CeltxConverterWindow.cs(299,40): error CS1501: No overload for method 'ProcessCeltxGem3DataObject' takes 6 arguments
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Here's a more complete set of files in case some of your Celtx importer files were from older versions:

DS_CeltxPatch_2023-02-22.unitypackage
jay

Post by jay »

I updated to the most recent version & imported the 1st patch you provided, but I cannot get the sprites to attach.

The image is named the same as the character, including case and spacing.

Thoughts?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Does it match the name of the character in Celtx? For example, these are some sample characters in Celtx:

celtxCharacters.png
celtxCharacters.png (39.61 KiB) Viewed 1108 times

Here are the corresponding images in a Unity project:

unityCharacters.png
unityCharacters.png (3.95 KiB) Viewed 1108 times

Technically capitalization doesn't matter but extra characters (such as spaces) and punctuation must be exact.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Also, are you importing Celtx GVR2 or Celtx Gem (GVR3)?
jay

Post by jay »

The portrait names are identical to the names of the characters in Celtx. I am using Celtx Gem/GVR3.

I also tried making a fresh project and script, but the result was the same-- no portraits were attached.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?

Would it be possible for you to email your Celtx JSON export to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com? If you can't send your original Celtx project, you could make a test project that exhibits the same behavior.
jay

Post by jay »

Hi Tony,

I realized I did not properly set the portraits Texture Type, which is what seems to have caused the errors. Fixing that allowed the sprites to import correctly. Apologies on that.

I do have a follow up question, which is if it is possible to attach more than 1 sprite per actor in this way?

Thanks again