Language issue after setting the Text Table

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Alatriste

Language issue after setting the Text Table

Post by Alatriste »

Hi,

I'm playing with Text Table to localize the texts, but I notice that once I set up a text table in the field, I cannot go back to the default language. Even leaving the "Language" field empty and applying the changes, the language is replaced by the EN-English language during runtime. The problem is that I can put neither any other language; is always replaced by "en".

The only way back is to remove the Text Table from the field in the Dialogue System controller.

UPDATE: I found the way to solve the issue with the localization language getting fixed. I had to go to DialogueSystem->Tools->Clear Saved Localization Settings.

And few questions:

1) Can the default language be assigned to a language code? Otherwise, if the default is English, how the system will know is that language?

2) I was using the item fields to try to put the Displayed name of my objects in different languages, the same thing that I did with the dialogues, but if I understood correctly the documentation, adding the LN code at the end of the field it won't work in anything else than conversation fields. Am I right? For instance:

DisplayedName en: Box
DisplayedName es: Caja

3) I use the Playmaker action "Get Localized Text", but I cannot get the right language field. It always displays the default language. So if I'm testing the English version, the message I'm getting is always the one in the default language (Spanish), even when the rest of the dialogues are displayed in English. It looks to me like the action cannot determine the active language.
Tony Li

Re: Language issue after setting the Text Table

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
Alatriste wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:30 pm1) Can the default language be assigned to a language code? Otherwise, if the default is English, how the system will know is that language?
You can set the language code to a blank string to use the default language.
Alatriste wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:30 pm2) I was using the item fields to try to put the Displayed name of my objects in different languages, the same thing that I did with the dialogues, but if I understood correctly the documentation, adding the LN code at the end of the field it won't work in anything else than conversation fields. Am I right? For instance:

DisplayedName en: Box
DisplayedName es: Caja
Can you use the Get Lua Field action, and add the language code to the end of the field name before passing it to the action?

I'll add a Get Localized Lua Field to the PlayMaker Support package. This way you won't need to add the language code to the end of Get Lua Field.
Alatriste wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:30 pm3) I use the Playmaker action "Get Localized Text", but I cannot get the right language field. It always displays the default language. So if I'm testing the English version, the message I'm getting is always the one in the default language (Spanish), even when the rest of the dialogues are displayed in English. It looks to me like the action cannot determine the active language.
Try the Set Language action first. I'll test this, too.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Please try this updated package: PlayMaker_Support_2018-10-12.unitypackage

It fixes the Get Localized Text action, and on the Get Lua Field action it adds a Get Localized Version checkbox.
Alatriste

Post by Alatriste »

Thanks Tony!

Everything is fixed after applying the update. :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Great! Thanks for letting me know.