Menu System Framework

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
PeterParked

Menu System Framework

Post by PeterParked »

I'm trying to use the Menu System Framework example to get a handle on how I should set up my save/load components and my auto save components correctly, but I haven't been able to get the Gameplay scene to run. Even when I import the package into a clean project, I'm getting a number of "missing prefab" notifications:

I'm also getting several console errors that I assume are related to the missing prefabs. Here's an incomplete list.

Code: Select all

/SequencerCommandLoadingSceneTo.cs(18,51): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SequencerCommand' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
LoadGamePanel.cs(25,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UITextField' could not be found. 
The type or namespace name `UIPanel' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
I'm checking through the PDF documentation that accompanies the package, but I'm not spotting what I'm doing wrong. Is there something else I need to be configuring for the Gameplay scene to work?
Tony Li

Re: Menu System Framework

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

It looks like the Dialogue System may be missing from your project. Have you tried importing the latest version of the Dialogue System into your project?
PeterParked

Post by PeterParked »

Ha, yeah, I did not do a good job recreating the environment for my experiment.

I think in my real project, the existing Dialogue System settings created a conflict with the example Gameplay scene, and I got similar visual output results, but the issue in the clean project was definitely that I forgot to import Dialogue System into it. :oops:

Thanks so much for your guidance!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help!