minimal install for rpg kit 3.01 (and others)

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
terrymorgan

minimal install for rpg kit 3.01 (and others)

Post by terrymorgan »

I'm trying to avoid project 'feature creep' as I have to make a whole new one, what's the minimal dialog system setup? I'm putting it (152) in RPG kit
lite 3.01,

'Import the package Dialogue System/Scripts/Unity UI Support. This will unpack files into the folder Dialogue System/Scripts/Supplemental/UI.
Import the package Third Party Support/ICode Support. This will unpack files into the folder Third Party Support/ICode.
Import the package Third Party Support/RPG Kit Support. This will unpack files into the folder Third Party Support/RPG Kit.'

I left out the demos, examples, the 'wheel' and 'wheel2', is that now the minimum?
terrymorgan

Re: minimal install for rpg kit 3.01 (and others)

Post by terrymorgan »

Import the package Dialogue System/Scripts/Unity UI Support. This will unpack files into the folder Dialogue System/Scripts/Supplemental/UI.
I'm using 5.1.1 so I have this already built in, not like it says in your docs I believe?

http://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogue_s ... g_kit.html
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Terry,

Make sure that you have a folder Scripts/Supplemental/UI containing folders such as Scripts, Prefabs, etc. If you imported into a Unity 5.1.1 project from the Asset Store, it should be there.

In the Dialogue System, you can delete the entire Examples folder. You can also delete everything in Prefabs/Unity Dialogue UIs except for Default.

You should import and keep everything in ICode Support and RPG Kit Support.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

Make sure that you have a folder Scripts/Supplemental/UI containing folders such as Scripts, Prefabs, etc. If you imported into a Unity 5.1.1 project from the Asset Store, it should be there.
There's no such folder in the unitypackage, I can't edit Zerano's rpg state machines either so I guess it's his error.
Attachments
dialog_system_152.jpg
dialog_system_152.jpg (49.78 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

r Scripts/Supplemental/UI
Oh, it was a unitypackage in rpgkit, I installed it but still can't see state machine details
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Can you see state machine details on any of the state machines provided with RPG Kit Lite?
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

Duh, I was clicking the PLUS not the bar, it's almost unreadable, any way to change colors?
Attachments
dialog_system_inspector.jpg
dialog_system_inspector.jpg (44.28 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Try contacting Zerano. It looks like he might have designed the color scheme based on the Unity Pro skin. It really should check the current skin and assign an appropriate color set.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I added 'dialog manager prefab' to "Loading" level, gave it example dialog database, then assigned Barks as the conversation.
It only runs now if I put 'single player' as the start level 'login' isn't used, see this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FcjFJon-0E

At least, that's what works, I also added select player, create player, loading, main level and level 2, all were required except level 2 which is a teleport level thing. So the barks work but there's a bunch of menus loading at startup

Dialogue System: No Dialogue UI found on 'Dialogue UI (UnityEngine.GameObject)'. Is the GameObject active and the dialogue UI script enabled? (Will load default UI for now.)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)

I looked at login's dialog manager, didn't see where to put the dialog UI

Whenever I change from main level and loading in editor I get this
ArgumentException: GetLocalizedString can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
TreeEditor.TreeGroupLeaf..cctor ()
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for TreeEditor.TreeGroupLeaf
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Of course the state machine inspector is readable now :--_
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

here's the shot
Attachments
wtf.jpg
wtf.jpg (39.18 KiB) Viewed 2390 times