Strange Error

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
bag74

Strange Error

Post by bag74 »

Hi There,

I seem to be getting a rather extensive error in my project that seems to freeze all controls and dialogue features. The conversation will begin with the first dialogue entry, however after that I will receive the following error:

VerificationException: Error verifying PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer:ActivateCommand (string,string,string[]): Invalid array type on stack for stdelem.X at 0x00a3

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer.PlayCommand (System.String commandName, Boolean required, Single time, System.String message, System.String endMessage, System.String[] args)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer.PlaySequence (System.String sequence)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer.PlaySequence (System.String sequence, Boolean informParticipants, Boolean destroyWhenDone)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationView.StartSubtitle (PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Subtitle subtitle, Boolean isResponseMenuNext)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationController.GotoState (PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationState state)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationController.OnFinishedSubtitle (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationView.FinishSubtitle ()

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationView.OnFinishedSubtitle ()

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer.FinishSequence ()

PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.Sequencer.Update ()

After the error comes up, all of the dialogue system stuff will freeze, but the animations and whatnot will continue on in the background. Please help.

Thanks
Tony Li

Strange Error

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

It looks like there's an issue with sequencer commands.

What's the value of the Sequence field on the first dialogue entry and the entr(ies) that link from it?

Also, what's the value of the Dialogue Manager's Display Settings > Camera Settings > Default Sequence?

Can you temporarily set the Dialogue Manager's Debug Level to Info, reproduce the issue, and paste a few of the preceding lines? I'm most interested in the line(s) that start with: "Dialogue System: Sequencer.Play...".

Also feel free to email me an example project that demonstrates the issue. I'll be happy to take a look!

Edit: A few more questions:

What version of the Dialogue System are you using? (It's in Assets/Dialogue System/_README.txt)

What version of Unity?

Have you ticked Disable internal sequencer commands on the Dialogue Manager? (In most cases, you should not tick this.)