Switch database

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
perezbalen

Switch database

Post by perezbalen »

Hi

I'm trying to get two different databases to work in the same game.
I understand I must add the Extra Databases component to the object with the Dialogue system controller. But how do I switch, during game, the database that the controller controls?
Tony Li

Re: Switch database

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Both databases will be loaded at the same time. So it's important that their internal IDs don't conflict. Please see Working With Multiple Databases.
perezbalen

Post by perezbalen »

If I understand correctly, I don't need to change the database, as I could trigger any conversation (from either database) with just the name?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes, that's correct.
perezbalen

Post by perezbalen »

Thanks.
I understand that one db is better, but the reason I’m using two is that I have conversations that trigger unity events. But I’m also using Articy:draft. And when I import, the unity events are gone. (As I understand it, the importer overwrites the db?). So, what I do is that I have a db with the conversations that trigger the events, and another with the ones that don't. And I use articiy for the ones that don’t.
Is there a way to keep the unity events when importing from articy:draft? Cause that would make my management less messy.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

No; that's why it's recommended to not use UnityEvents when using external editors such as articy:draft. Instead, use sequencer commands if possible.