Refresh Usable Text

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
cptscrimshaw

Re: Refresh Usable Text

Post by cptscrimshaw »

Updated to the new version and it didn't seem to change anything. Other suggestions for things to try?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

ProximitySelector is the current version does have OnEnable() and OnDisable() methods. Make sure your subclass calls the base methods.

If that doesn't help, please feel free to send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com
cptscrimshaw

Post by cptscrimshaw »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. OnEnable/OnDisable do exist and I called the base methods like you suggested, but the UI for the selector just disappears when I enable/disable. If I walk away and come back to the object, the text has changed... it's just not updating the UI right away.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Does the example I sent you earlier work in your current project?

If so, then can you send me a reproduction project or reproduction steps?
cptscrimshaw

Post by cptscrimshaw »

The example doesn't work in my current project. It does the exact same thing - makes the UI disappear, even though it updates the text.

Trying to dig a little deeper... I brought the animator up and when I change text and disable and enable it just triggers Hide and never Show again until I move away. I looked through all of my code, and there isn't anywhere that should be causing that (I even commented it out in the couple of places in ProximitySelectorES.cs (my custom one).

Any other ideas? I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Animator, but not entirely sure.

Thanks, as always, for all your help Tony!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The example scene's selector UI doesn't have an animator. I just now tested the example scene again in a vanilla DS 2.2.41 project, and it works correctly.

Can you send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com? Or reproduction steps?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks for sending the repro project and clear steps. I replied to your email.