Response Button not working with dialogue

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
AuraAmile

Response Button not working with dialogue

Post by AuraAmile »

Hey all! i recently got this plugin and am now working to get used to it for a game im making with a small group.

However everything works except for the response button, did i do something wrong? or why is it not working?
i have some images maybe somebody knows why.
Attachments
img1.png
img1.png (364.73 KiB) Viewed 410 times
img2.png
img2.png (357.49 KiB) Viewed 410 times
img3.png
img3.png (361.21 KiB) Viewed 410 times
AuraAmile

Re: Response Button not working with dialogue

Post by AuraAmile »

Update the buttons work now, however they never show up when i start the dialogue anymore , while they used to do that
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

What do you mean that they never show up when you start the dialogue? If the conversation is showing a subtitle, does it never advance past the subtitle to show the response menu? Or do you think maybe the conversation has advanced to the response menu but for some reason the response menu isn't visible?
AuraAmile

Post by AuraAmile »

I think the second one, because the conversation never ends, but it does go to the point of the menu as you can see the dialogue panel is active but it never goes on to the menu
Attachments
img1.png
img1.png (233.57 KiB) Viewed 391 times
AuraAmile

Post by AuraAmile »

So for some reason when i put the stop conversation on trigger exit function on in the Dialogue System Trigger, when you exit and reenter the conversation, you are allowed to choose? but its very buggy and idk why it doesnt work normally
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

In the screenshot of your dialogue UI, the Menu Panel is a child of the Subtitle Panel. It looks like when the subtitle is done, the Subtitle Panel deactivates itself, which means all of its children will be inactive, too.

Two possible solutions:

1. Set the Subtitle Panel's Standard UI Subtitle Panel component > Visibility dropdown to Always From Start. This way it won't deactivate.

2. Or move the Menu Panel out of the Subtitle Panel so that they're siblings instead of parent-child.