Invector trigger issues

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
DeidreReay

Invector trigger issues

Post by DeidreReay »

Hey tony hope you can help out on this. having an issue with our invector quest machine, dialogue big integration that i just found. Using V Trigger generic action and dialogue system trigger to get conversations going and that all works perfect. Issue is
1.) We use On trigger enter and on trigger stay events from the vtriggergenericaction to enable and disable some things. When player approaches into a trigger everything is fine, and then when leaving trigger everything is fine. If they enter the trigger and start a dialogue with NPC then when dialogue is finished go to leave the trigger. The on Trigger Exit events no longer work. So something is happening once player initiates dialogue that somehow that breaks the exit events. I spent a bit of time trying to tweak any settings i could think of and no idea on this. Thanks in advance for your help
Tony Li

Re: Invector trigger issues

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I think I may be missing something. vTriggerGenericAction doesn't have an On Trigger Exit event. Do you mean On Player Exit?

If so, in your code editor put a breakpoint in the vGenericAction script's OnActionExit() method. Then reproduce the issue. The game should stop in the OnActionExit() method, at which point you can step through to see where it's failing.

If that doesn't help, put breakpoints on the character.onActionExit.RemoveListener() calls in the vCharacterExtensions script. Then reproduce the issue. If it stops on either of those lines, you can investigate why it's removing them.