I want to change Text (Legacy) to Textmesh Pro.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
shyboy0113

I want to change Text (Legacy) to Textmesh Pro.

Post by shyboy0113 »

Hello. I am a university student who is developing in Korea. I tried to change all of them to Text MeshPro because of the blurring of letters when using Text (Legacy).

I tried to follow the instructions, but I found some problems. Can you help me?

1. Does a standard UI consisting of TextmeshPro only exist? No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find it.

2. If it doesn't exist, could you explain in more detail what's written in the manual? The documentation says to remove the existing Text object and add a new TextMeshPro object.

However, when I checked the contents myself, additional functions were added, so I couldn't replace them recklessly.

For example, if you inadvertently replace Text with TextMeshPro elements, only 'New Text' appears in the character's chat window, and it does not change to the conversation history.

3. The contents and photos of the manual seem to be old files, so I don't think I actually got any help. This may be due to my lack of knowledge, but there seemed to be a big difference between the actual asset files and the components of the files in the picture.

I have to go to work now, so I apologize for not being able to ask you additional questions. If you can afford it, I'd like to get some help. Thank you for reading the long post!
shyboy0113

Re: I want to change Text (Legacy) to Textmesh Pro.

Post by shyboy0113 »

https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/vie ... pro#p29962

I think I found a solution on the homepage above!
I think the problem is that we didn't assign textmeshpro to each panel!!
Tony Li

Re: I want to change Text (Legacy) to Textmesh Pro.

Post by Tony Li »

Hello,

The TextMesh Pro Support documentation is up to date.

Dialogue UI Tutorial 1 shows how to switch to TextMesh Pro. Jump to 04:30.

For subtitle text, make sure to assign your TextMeshProUGUI component to the StandardUISubtitlePanel's Subtitle Text field. You may also want to add a TextMeshProTypewriterEffect component to your subtitle text GameObject.