Dialogue Panel doesn't close when the dialogues finish

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Onebit

Dialogue Panel doesn't close when the dialogues finish

Post by Onebit »

Hi. I got stuck, and I don't know how to solve this problem.
When I start a conversation it works well, but when you press to close the conversation it only closes the subtitle panel and not the dialogue panel. Here two screenshots:

Thanks.
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue Panel doesn't close when the dialogues finish

Post by Tony Li »

Clearly it's waiting for the player's soul to escape. ;-) Or maybe the NPCs need the player's soul so the NPCs can escape?

If you wait 10 seconds (the timeout value for Show/Hide animations), does it disappear? If so, make sure the dialogue panel has an animator that responds to the trigger parameter you've named in the dialogue panel's UI Panel component > Hide Animation Trigger. Or remove the dialogue panel's Animator component and clear the Show Animation Trigger & Hide Animation Trigger fields if you don't want a hide animation.

If that doesn't help, temporarily set the Dialogue Manager's Other Settings > Debug Level to Info. (more info)

When you get to the end of the conversation, check the Console window for this message:

Dialogue System: Conversation ending.

If you see that, then the conversation is ending but the UI isn't hiding for some reason.

Also check for any errors or warnings in the Console window.

If you don't see the "Conversation ending" message, keep the Dialogue Editor window open on your conversation while you play. The current dialogue entry node will be colored green. This will give you an idea of where the active conversation is. Maybe it's getting stuck.
Onebit

Post by Onebit »

It doesn't work, but I was testing and when I press again when the box is empty it disappears.
LilGames

Post by LilGames »

I used to have all conversations end connected to an <END> node. This is the blank node you are seeing. Delete it. Then Tony can chime in and let us know if it's ok to leave multiple nodes as the end nodes?

Like this:
convo-nodes-ending.png
convo-nodes-ending.png (19.08 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Last edited by LilGames on Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onebit

Post by Onebit »

LMAO that was the problem, I didn't realize it. I am so sorry.
But my last and fast question. How I can disable an object after the conversation ends?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Here are two ways:
  • In the last node, use a SetActive() sequencer command.
  • Or add a Dialogue System Events component to one of the participants and configure OnConversationEnd() to deactivate the GameObject.
Onebit

Post by Onebit »

Thanks so much :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!