Hint shown when hovering

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: Hint shown when hovering

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Can you back up your project and update to the current version? Prior to version 2.2.34, the Conditional() function accepted two string values, where the first string value was a Lua expression.

In the current version (2.2.34+), the Conditional() function accepts a Boolean and a string, which makes more sense.
GREI

Post by GREI »

Thank you, the error is gone now.
But something went wrong with my autoscroll.
I am using textmeshpro and the response text is not getting pushed into the screen. I have to manually scroll it.
But the autoscroll seems to work on the continue button. The continue button would always stay at the button of the text.
Here is my setup
Script.png
Script.png (74.82 KiB) Viewed 338 times
MeshPro.png
MeshPro.png (49.18 KiB) Viewed 338 times
I am using the Scrolling Dialogue UI prefab.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you temporarily switch back to the "Scrolling Dialogue UI" prefab that ships with the Dialogue System, does it scroll to the bottom when a response menu appears?

If so, and if your dialogue UI doesn't, is the Scroll Rect's UIScrollBarEnabler component assigned to the StandardUIMenuPanel's Scrollbar Enabler field?
GREI

Post by GREI »

Hi, neither prefab works. I also tried to just start an empty scene and just add a dialogue trigger and the dialogue manager, the response text still did not scroll.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Here's an example based on DemoScene1:

DS_TestScrollingTMP_2023-07-14.unitypackage

If it doesn't work in your project, please try backing up your project and reimporting the Dialogue System in case something got changed in your copy.
GREI

Post by GREI »

Hi it works in any scene that I created after the upgrade. Maybe it's a bug in Unity, but thanks!

Is there any way I can make each chunk of the dialogue more spaced out (kind of like Disco Elysium)? Right now the default scrolling UI cramps text really close together and it gets hard to read.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

If you use TextMesh Pro (see here), you can adjust the kerning and line spacing.