Quest Tracker HUD stopped appearing after quest set to active

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
2rawkets

Quest Tracker HUD stopped appearing after quest set to active

Post by 2rawkets »

Hey there,

This is kind of a weird issue, but I'll try to describe it as best I can. In short, the issue is that I previously had the Quest Tracker HUD UI showing up and now it does not after I tinkered with the Quest Tracker HUD Prefab(more on this below).

I have a conversation set up and in one of the dialogue entries I set a quest to active via the "script" lua code box using SetQuestState().
1.jpg
1.jpg (40.23 KiB) Viewed 771 times

The quest itself looks like this:
2.jpg
2.jpg (30.34 KiB) Viewed 771 times
The conversation starts from a trigger collider and this all formerly worked as intended. I had made my own Quest Tracker HUD prefab with my own image etc. and that was all working fine.

However, I began attempting to make the Quest Tracker HUD fade in and fade out. In my testing, I tried adding in a canvas group and animator to the "Quest Track Template" gameobject inside the Quest Tracker HUD prefab. It didn't end up working so I reverted all of my changes in my version control software. Despite changing everything back to exactly how it was though, now the quest tracker doesn't seem to be appearing at all when the quest is set to active.

I've debugged quite a bit and it seems like via the "Dialogue Watches" tab the quest IS still being set active and all my variables are still being tracked and updated. But the Quest Tracker HUD just doesn't appear.

Here's some of the fixes I tried and the Quest Tracker HUD still does not show up:
1. Thought maybe reverting the prefab somehow messed with some weird meta data or something so I reset the current branch of my project to a previous commit. The problem still exists somehow
2. I tried updating to the most recent Pixel Crushers Dialogue Package
3. I tried using the pre-existing Quest Tracker HUD prefab that I did NOT do any changes to
4. Dragged in an entirely new Dialogue Manager and redid all steps required to get quest tracker to appear

At this point, I'm not quite sure what to try next? Maybe I should create an entirely new scene and re-do all the steps from the quest tracker tutorial just as a sanity check? But I figured I'd ask since I feel like I'm maybe just overlooking something obvious that got messed up.

Would appreciate any insight you can offer!

Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: Quest Tracker HUD stopped appearing after quest set to active

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Maybe the quest tracker's visibility was toggled off. Inspect your quest tracker HUD and untick Clear PlayerPrefs Key.
2rawkets

Post by 2rawkets »

Ahhhh! That was it. :oops: I could've sworn I tried doing that first haha

Thanks so much Tony!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!