How to defocus the dialogue canvas

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
gblekkenhorst

How to defocus the dialogue canvas

Post by gblekkenhorst »

I've recently added something to our game that brings up a form over the dialgoue system. However, the form can't be used because the event system keeps refocusing the continue button.

I have many different subtitle panels and they all have their own continue buttons.

Next to FocusCheckFrequency it says "if is active and on top". How to I tell dialogue system it's not currently active or on top without disabling the entire thing? I still want it to be visible, just not interactive.
Tony Li

Re: How to defocus the dialogue canvas

Post by Tony Li »

gblekkenhorst

Post by gblekkenhorst »

Worked perfectly, thank you!

We're using Fade(stay,1) sometimes, and it's generating a Canvas (Fader) object that has a Sort Order of 32766 - is there a way to change this sort order? We need to have that fade show up four layers down (Fade < Speaker Panels < Pause Menu < Feedback Form) but it the max sort order is 32767.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

What Dialogue System version are you using? Can you back up your project and update to the current version?

In version 2.2.21 (released in October 2021), the fade canvas's sort order was changed to 32760.

If you can't update, then manually edit SequencerCommandFade.cs and change this line near the top of the script to 32760 or whatever value you want to use:

Code: Select all

private const int FaderCanvasSortOrder = 32766;