[resolved] Unable to select nodes.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
DrewOfDonuts

[resolved] Unable to select nodes.

Post by DrewOfDonuts »

[Resolved]
  • 2022.3 breaks the graph - just need to update Dialogue System
Hi all,

I'm on Unity 2022.3. For some of the nodes, when I hover the cursor over a dialogue node, I get a caret instead of the arrow, preventing me from selecting the node itself. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

More weird behavior: I am not able to drag some selectable nodes, while not others. Toggling the Lock button leads to similar behavior - some that were undraggable are now draggable, and inversely true as well.

This is basically an unusable state - I cannot edit nodes or reliably rearrange them.

My Dialogue System is up to date. As is Unity 2022 LTS

Any help will be appreciated.

Unable to select and drag

Unable to select and inspect

Update:
• As a temporary work around, I found I can right clicking the node, then immediately left clicking the node allows me to select to inspect most of the time, but still unable to drag. Still hoping for a fix/resolution.
• Found that it is the nodes in the center of the window that are unclickable. So, if everything is centered, the most middle nodes are not selectable, HOWEVER, if I scroll to the left or right, and those middle nodes are closer to the edge of the window, they are now selectable.

Note: no other node based assets are experiencing this issue, including Quest Machine.
Last edited by DrewOfDonuts on Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Li

Re: Unable to select nodes.

Post by Tony Li »

If possible, please back up your project and double check that you're on the current versions of Quest Machine and the Dialogue System. Unity broke something in their 2022.3.1f1+ release that required an update to assets such as the Dialogue System that provide custom editor windows. The red "Clear" in the top bar of the Dialogue Editor indicates that you're on an older version of the Dialogue System that doesn't address the 2022.3.1+ issue. The top bar should look like this:

conversationSearchFilter.png
conversationSearchFilter.png (9.32 KiB) Viewed 419 times
DrewOfDonuts

Re: Unable to select nodes.

Post by DrewOfDonuts »

That fixed it!

I thought it was up-to-date - turns out, I had downloaded the most up-to-date version, but never imported it into my project, which I had pulled from a repot on a new machine and then upgraded to 2022.3 with.

Thank you so much!
Tony Li

Re: [resolved] Unable to select nodes.

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!