Errors with Opsive Integration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
ShaneE

Errors with Opsive Integration

Post by ShaneE »

I'm using Unity 2021.3.25f1. I have the latest Opsive versions for 2021 Unity installed (third person controller, UIS, Behavior Designer). When I install the DIalogue System For Unity integration for Opsive, I get the explosion of errors below. None of the scripts in that package will load. Originally, it broke all the integration scripts in my project when I installed Behavior Designer runtime. But I made a new project to test and without doing anything extra, all the newest Opsive stuff and Dialogue System give me the same errors relating to "PlayerInput".

Tony Li

Re: Errors with Opsive Integration

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Did you change your project to the Input System package? If so, did you enable the Dialogue System's Input Package integration? (tutorial)

Are you using assembly definition files (asmdefs)?

Does this issue occur in a new project in which you've only imported the Dialogue System, Opsive UCC, and the DialogueSystem.unitypackage UCC integration?
ShaneE

Post by ShaneE »

Everything was working (I was making dialogues and quests and stuff) and then I installed the Opsive Behavior Designer runtime download (the extra download from the Opsive site they have for the windows exports, and the unity install for Behavior Designer had been working great) and it seemed to break all of the integration scripts. I made a new install this morning and copied the scene I was using before (which was just modelsj) and got the same errors regardless which scene I used.

Not using new input system. Not using any asmdef stuff. If anyone asks, I hate the Opsive bloatware a lot. I'm sure it is something on their end, because it always is.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Does your project have more than one PlayerInput script now?
ShaneE

Post by ShaneE »

It just has the one player. I didn't port any enemies or players in the new install. It is a new character. The Opsive integration install creates all of the errors. But all of the errors seem to revolve around the PlayerInput and I have no idea why. The original project was working until I installed the Behavior Designer runtime installation which is supposed to be installed if you are going to build a Windows installation, I thought. But it broke the integration, it seems. Opsive did a lot of updates in the last 30 days or so. I don't know what I did to trigger it.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'd need to check on the Behavior Designer runtime. Have you tried creating a project without that, and just with the regular Behavior Designer asset from the Asset Store or Opsive download page?

If you search for "PlayerInput" in the project view, does more than one file show up?
ShaneE

Post by ShaneE »

There is only one "Playerinput" searching the project. I"ll try another fresh install in the morning. I'll try it without the runtime install and see where it breaks.