Standard Dialogue UI not allowing Text Mesh Pro use/UITextField issues

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Puppii

Re: Standard Dialogue UI not allowing Text Mesh Pro use/UITextField issues

Post by Puppii »

This may be related to how I imported the Corgi Engine Third Party Support. I am going to remove all the pixel crushers stuff as you suggested and import it all again.

I think when installed the packed for the Corgi Engine support I did not unpack it in the right spot.

Thanks again for your help Tony. This is an amazing asset, and I'm so happy I got it. I can't believe how powerful it is.
Puppii

Post by Puppii »

Okay, I deleted all folders in my project that I had installed from Pixel Crushers, I downloaded the latest version of the Dialogue System, I then made sure to just grab the latest version of the Third Party Support for the Corgi Engine, and that is in my project. The TMP fields are now showing up just as you would expect them to (once the regular text reference is removed) and everything else in my scene works fine.
However, when I try to compile a test build, I get this error now:
'Assets/Dialogue System Extras/Visual Novel Framework/Example/Example Gameplay.unity' is an incorrect path for a scene file. BuildPlayer expects paths relative to the project folder.

I think I forgot to mention, that I downloaded one of Pixel Crusher's example gameplay package to take a look at the Visual Novel style setup, and I think something in that package was causing those duplicate errors you were helping me with before. I did not reinstall that package yet.
Anyway, the scene is working fine now, but I'm not sure what is referencing the Visual Novel Framework in the error.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Check build settings (menu item File > Build Settings) and remove any references to the Example Gameplay scene.
Puppii

Post by Puppii »

I don't even know what it was in the build settings (I didn't see a specific reference to a scene in that path).
However, I just removed everything that wasn't my scenes (a lot of Corgi demo scenes) and it works great now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!