Weird scene management bug

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
VideoMedicineBear

Weird scene management bug

Post by VideoMedicineBear »

HI, I'm not sure if you could help with this. I am having a weird bug where when I load one scene and try to play it, it will hang for a few seconds and then jump to another scene without me touching anything. To get to that scene normally I would need to hit a trigger enter. I'm wondering if it's because I don't have a dialogue manager in all the scenes, because some scenes don't need it but it does need to save some info/prefs. Do you know if this could cause this error, and if so what elements of the dialogue manager need to be in each scene for continuity?
Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: Weird scene management bug

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You can put a Dialogue Manager in all scenes. It makes it easier to playtest things. If you want to do this, I recommend saving your customized Dialogue Manager GameObject as a prefab variant (just drag it into the Project view) and then use that same prefab variant in all scenes.

But to specifically address your question, is it possible that some other collider (not the player) is triggering the collision?
VideoMedicineBear

Post by VideoMedicineBear »

I checked again starting from a different scene that had a dialogue manager and it worked, so I put dialogue managers in the other scenes and now it works great.
Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Great! Something in that scene was probably looking for a Dialogue Manager in a way that wasn't obvious.