Changing dialogue portrait without speaking

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
sumatakso

Changing dialogue portrait without speaking

Post by sumatakso »

Hi, not sure I'm missing something in both document and forum but I can't find a way to change a portrait of a character without letting them speak in a conversation.

My conversation have 3 characters in total, 2 speaking to each other from the start and then one character start speaking to the third character. At this time I want the third character to display on a desire portrait without he start speaking.

Actor set up for those character currently are:
NPC-1 : Panel 1 (NPC panel)
NPC-2 : Panel 2 (NPC panel 2)
Player (Who the npc speaking to) : NPC Panel 2

There are 3 panels already setup in Standard Dialogue UI component.
Tony Li

Re: Changing dialogue portrait without speaking

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Use the SetPortrait() sequencer command.

For example, if you're playing a conversation between the NPC and Player, and the NPC is speaking, you can use this command in the Sequence field to change the Player actor to use portrait #2 in its Portrait Sprites list:

Code: Select all

SetPortrait(Player, pic=2);
{{default}}
I added the keyword {{default}} to tell the dialogue entry to also play the Dialogue Manager's Default Sequence.
sumatakso

Post by sumatakso »

Thank for the quick reply Tony, but the SetPortrait() still didn't achieve my goal.

My conversation only use 2 panels (Left and Right) and the player portrait will show up as soon as the NPC on the left start speaking to him and player portrait and name will take over the right portrait without him speaking.

What I want is something like SetPanel() command but without the wait for actor's next line. Or maybe there is a command to make this kind of "waiting for actor's net line" to take effect immediatly?

Sorry to make you confuse about how many character visible from the start.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Inspect the Right subtitle panel. Set the Visibility dropdown to Always From Start.