multiple triggers

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
glen

multiple triggers

Post by glen »

hi there, hope you are all swell.
I am sure this has been asked a thousand times, I just for the life of me can not find a decent result in my search engine.
How can I set up multiple quest triggers to a single npc.
Very simple example is I want to activate one quest in a conversation and then set another quest to success at the same time. The dialogue trigger only allows one quest status change per trigger.
I thought i would be clever and add two triggers to the npc, one for each, but that didn't work. I also tried script it in on the conversation as the tutorial recommended but that didn't do a single thing to the quest log nor the quest hud.
Another example is I wish to activate two quests from one conversation and have them both appear on the hud.
I am using Invector bridge and Unity 2021.3.4, any help appreciated.
Tony Li

Re: multiple triggers

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you're using a conversation (or conversations) to change quest states, you can change as many as you want, in whichever dialogue entries you want to use. Use SetQuestState() in dialogue entries' Script fields. You don't need to use multiple triggers.
glen

Post by glen »

thanks Toni, I was trying that yesterday as I said before but it wasn't working. I tried it again today and it is working just fine. I guess I prob just needed to restart the unity application or I had done something wrong. But it works fine now, thanks.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad you got it working!