Using Lively Chat Bubble as reponse menu

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
mozyonum

Re: Using Lively Chat Bubble as reponse menu

Post by mozyonum »

I tried adding the an override dialogue UI for one actor from each conversation and when I trigger the second conversation, it disables the first conversation and only second one shows on screen..

first conversation has the chat bubbles and I am trying to do the default view for the second conversation so I am hoping both of them will be show on screen
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Have you ticked the Dialogue Manager's Other Settings > Allow Simultaneous Conversations?

On your Dialogue System Trigger(s), are the Actions > Start Conversation > Replace and Exclusive checkboxes both UNticked? "Replace" kills any active conversations before starting its own conversation. "Exclusive" only starts the conversation if no other conversations are currently active.

If that doesn't help, can you send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?
mozyonum

Post by mozyonum »

that's correct, I have Allow Simultaneous Conversations ticked
and all Exclusive and Replaces' are unticked

I am starting both my conversation through code with DialogueManager.instance.StartConversation() if it makes any difference
and waiting couple of seconds in between to call the two StartConversation()
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Are the conversations using different sets of actors (i.e., an actor isn't in both conversations at the same time)?
mozyonum

Post by mozyonum »

yes, i have created additional fake actor's to test this
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

If you temporarily set the Dialogue Manager's Other Settings > Debug Level to Info, does the Console window indicate that the first conversation has ended? Like below:

Dialogue System: Conversation ending.

This will tell us if the conversation is actually ending, or if Lively Chat Bubbles is just somehow suppressing the visibility of the first conversation's bubbles.
mozyonum

Post by mozyonum »

is there a way to not show certain answers for an actor on certain conditions?

like if i have a 3 answer for a question and each answer enters into a different branch into the conversation. After going through a branch and finishing it, when player comes and starts the same dialogue again, I dont want to show the answer that has been already selected by the player.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes, use variables or SimStatus, and set the answer's Conditions field.