Dialog System and UIS Graphic Raycaster

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
vectorfrog

Dialog System and UIS Graphic Raycaster

Post by vectorfrog »

Hi Tony!

I am currently having a problem that I hope you can help me with. I am using Dialog System with Opsive UIS.

The problem is that I cannot get the DS selector to work when I have the UIS canvas enabled. When I mouse over the NPC, the selector is not showing.

I have discovered that it is directly related to the Graphic Raycaster component on the UIS canvas. If I disable that, then the DS selector works just fine, but then cannot get the clicks to register for the UIS canvas.

I have tried setting the blocking masks on both the DS canvas Graphic Raycaster, as well as the UIS Graphic Raycaster with no results. The only thing that works is disabling the Graphic Raycaster on the UIS canvas.

Aside from this, everything else is working.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the masks, but I am just not getting it right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
vectorfrog

Re: Dialog System and UIS Graphic Raycaster

Post by vectorfrog »

As usual, almost as soon as I posted this, I discovered a solution.

I found that the UIS Gamplay Panel had a "Graphic Raycaster Target" Opsive script. I diabled this script and all is good now. Everything is working as intended. But I am wondering why this component existed in the first place.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: Dialog System and UIS Graphic Raycaster

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks for the update. That may be a new UIS component. You'd have to ask Opsive about it. The UIS dev, Santiago (Sangemdoko on discord), is very responsive.