Multiple Conversations on One NPC

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
pjakobs

Multiple Conversations on One NPC

Post by pjakobs »

How do you set up an NPC actor with more than one conversation? I'm using Dialogue System with Corgi engine and I can get one conversation set-up on an npc with a ConversatioZone and DialogueSystemTrigger component, but I can't figure out how to add the logic for a different conversation that's triggered later when certain conditions are met. I tried adding a 2nd DialogueSystemTrigger but that didn't work. It never seems to check the 2nd one.
Tony Li

Re: Multiple Conversations on One NPC

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Please see: How To: Run a Conversation Only Once

It explains how to show one conversation the first time you talk to an NPC, and then show a different conversation the second time.
pjakobs

Post by pjakobs »

Thank you, I followed the instructions but I'm using different conditions based on quest status, that should work too, shouldn't it? The first conversation should trigger if quest 1 is not successful and the 2nd conversation should trigger if a subtask of quest 2 is active. If I only have one DialogueSystemTrigger on the npc with just either of these dialogue triggers it works just fine, so I know the conditions are set up correctly. But if I add two DialogueSystemTriggers on the NPC it always only checks the 1st one and even if that fails, it does not check the 2nd one.
Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 7.42.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 7.42.37 AM.png (92.3 KiB) Viewed 245 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The Corgi interaction system looks for one Dialogue System Trigger. Since you're using Corgi, use the second technique in the second post.
pjakobs

Post by pjakobs »

Aaah ok, Thanks, I got it working with that method.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!