Switching quest log languages

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
rairun

Switching quest log languages

Post by rairun »

Hello!

I use Dialogue System with the Adventure Creator integration. I have the "Use Adventure Creator Language" option checked, and after I click on an AC menu to switch languages (say, from English to Portuguese), the DS quest log will remain in English.

All AC text will have changed to Portuguese though, and if I start a DS conversation, it will also play in Portuguese as expected. Only after playing a conversation at least once will the quest log be updated to Portuguese.

How can I fix this issue?
rairun

Re: Switching quest log languages

Post by rairun »

Sorry, while I'm at it, I have a different question about the quest log: I know the quest list is sorted alphabetically by quest name, and that you can change the order by adding numbers to the name and using a Display Name. Would it be possible to have a display name for quest Groups as well, so that we can use numbers for sorting?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you close the quest log window and reopen it, does it refresh?

I'll check the integration. That may be something I need to add.
rairun

Post by rairun »

It does not. It only refreshes when I run a conversation. Thanks for checking!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Groups should already sort alphabetically by name.

I'll try to have an updated support package ready in the next couple of days to handle the localization issue.
rairun

Post by rairun »

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

I don't think I explained the groups issue properly. For example, I can have quest names like this:

001 Stealing a car
002 On the road
003 Meeting your father

And with display names, I can display them in the IU in the order above without the numbers:

Stealing a car
On the road
Meeting your father

However, groups don't seem to have display names, so they will always be displayed alphabetically. I wanted to be able to display groups in a different order by adding numbers to the name for sorting, and then using a different display name. Is this possible?

I also have a third question, and then I think my quest log will be all sorted: is there a way to display a [new] icon next to a quest name if the player has never read/selected the new active quest or a new active entry within the quest? I've looked into the documentation and searched the forum, but didn't find anything.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

rairun wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:07 pmHowever, groups don't seem to have display names, so they will always be displayed alphabetically. I wanted to be able to display groups in a different order by adding numbers to the name for sorting, and then using a different display name. Is this possible?
Not currently. I'll look into a way to do this.
rairun wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:07 pmI also have a third question, and then I think my quest log will be all sorted: is there a way to display a [new] icon next to a quest name if the player has never read/selected the new active quest or a new active entry within the quest? I've looked into the documentation and searched the forum, but didn't find anything.
That's a good idea. I'll add this as an option.
rairun

Post by rairun »

Thanks again for looking into it! That'd be great.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

This should fix the language change issue:

DS_AdventureCreatorSupport_2023-02-08.unitypackage

I'll try to get the "[new]" indicator and display names for quest groups into DS version 2.2.35.
rairun

Post by rairun »

Great! Looking forward to DS 2.2.35

Also, I've just tested the localisation fix and it's all working well on my end now.