[Solved]About visual novel framework.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: About visual novel framework.

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I updated the Dialogue System Extras page with version 1.1 of the Visual Novel Framework. If you import version 1.1, it will add a new sequencer command "VNLoadLevel()". It works exactly like LoadLevel(), except it works better with the Visual Novel Framework.

You can also download a multi-scene example here: VN_MultipleScenes_2016-07-31.unitypackage

To play it, add the new scene "Example Gameplay2" to your build settings in addition to Example Start and Example Gameplay.

In Example Gameplay2, the scene has a cloud in the background. Also, there is a GameObject named "Persistent Active Data". This GameObject contains components that set up the scene according to variables that have been set during the conversation(s). Those variables are "Girl Is Angry" and "Boy Is Here".

Please try this out. If you have any issues, just let me know!
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

I tried the example and It's impressive! Thanks for the hard work. :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help! Thanks for your patience. If there are any other issues, just let me know.
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Good day! I'm having problems in load scene, again. :lol: But I guess it's not the VNLoadLevel() but there is something dragging the scene from LevelOne to PrologueOne again. :)
Here's what happens:
https://youtu.be/ppV23qczDQ8
What I did there is to put the VNLoadLevel() inside the database. like this:
Here's I want to happen:
https://youtu.be/EmdEwVHvS1Q
What I did there is to use a sequence trigger. But the level loops after a conversation because of the "Conversation end." If not, what will happen is it will back to scene "PrologueOne."
I would like to set it "On Use" but I don't know how to trigger the sequence.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The Visual Novel Framework detects when the conversation has ended and returns to the main menu. However, it's possible to tell it to temporarily ignore the "end of conversation" message, which is what happens when it loads a game. Later today, I'll put together an example similar to your scenes and post it here. I think it will clarify the steps.
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Thanks a lot! :D
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I think I understand now that your visual novel uses more than one conversation, and at some points no conversation is running.

Please import the updated Visual Novel Framework 1.1.1 package:

VisualNovelFramework_1_1_1.unitypackage

In your start scene, inspect the Dialogue Manager's Menus component. Untick Return To Menu On Conversation End. This will prevent the loop problem when the conversation ends.

To see an example, import this:

VN_MultipleScenes_2016-08-02.unitypackage

Then add the these scenes:
  • Example Start: The start (title) scene.
  • Example Gameplay: The first gameplay scene.
  • Example Gameplay2: The second scene (with a cloud) when the date goes wrong.
  • Example Gameplay3: An example of playing without a conversation. This scene looks like the Dialogue System's Feature Demo. You must talk to Private Hart to continue.
  • Example Gameplay4: The final scene. The player talks to the girl again. At the end, it returns to the main menu.
Since you will untick Return To Menu On Conversation End, you must manually tell the game when to return to the main menu. To do this, use the new sequencer command VNMainMenu(). You can find an example in the example database's "Final Conversation".
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Oh, This works! Thank you :D Finally haha :D
Tony Li

Re: [Solved]About visual novel framework.

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks for your patience! You helped make the Visual Novel Framework better for everyone, too. :-)