Selecting a response in Menu Panel via a different key than Enter

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
ehdusjenny

Selecting a response in Menu Panel via a different key than Enter

Post by ehdusjenny »

Hi Tony, thank you for your help.

Currently, the Menu Panel containing responses in a conversation is mapped to the Enter key. Would you know how I can override that with a different key, like "E"? I saw there was an option to make the responses numbered, but I'd like the user to be able to navigate between the responses via WASD/arrows and select by pressing "E".

Thanks again.
Tony Li

Re: Selecting a response in Menu Panel via a different key than Enter

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Map the EventSystem's "Submit" input to the "E" key. If you're using Unity's built-in input manager, select Edit > Project Settings. In the Input section, expand Axes and inspect one of the Submit entries, or add a new Submit entry. Set the Positive Button or Alt Positive Button to "e" (without quotes).
ehdusjenny

Post by ehdusjenny »

Thanks Tony! That worked, but I found another issue. I have "E" binding for Subtitle Panels' Continue Buttons via UI Button Key Trigger as well as the Standard UI Continue Button Fast Forward (to skip typewriter effect) . It looks like if I have that AND the Submit button linked to "E", it just skips the subtitle text. A quick workaround I put in was to change the key binding for the Continue Button, but if you have any other ideas, I'd appreciate it.
ehdusjenny

Post by ehdusjenny »

I found this thread with someone having the same exact issue, and resolved it following your suggestion - https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/vie ... php?t=2014

Thank you!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!