Response options not highlighting

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
timbecile

Response options not highlighting

Post by timbecile »

Hey Tony,

I've been having some trouble both with rewired and using a mouse that the items in the response menu are not being highlghted, though highlighting works elsewhere in the game. I can see that the first response is getting selected, but it's not showing on the UI.

It's probably something simple, but I don't know where to check it...
Tony Li

Re: Response options not highlighting

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you keep an Inspector view on the EventSystem GameObject, it play mode the bottom part of the Inspector will show what button is selected (focused). Is the correct button selected? If so, then maybe it's just a matter of the buttons not visibly showing that they're selected. Inspect the response button template's Button component and check the Transition section. If it's set to Tint, you may need to adjust the colors for the different states to make them more visually distinct.
timbecile

Post by timbecile »

I am an idiot. I had the image turned off on the template button.

but now there's a new issue. when I open the conversation, the top option selects like it's supposed to, but then it goes away like it's been unselected. If I move up or down with the joystick though, everything acts normal and it reselects itself.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Try ticking the Dialogue Manager's Input Device Manager component > Always Auto Focus checkbox.