Multiple SMS interface

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: Multiple SMS interface

Post by Tony Li »

Make sure to tick the dialogue UI's Use Conversation Variable checkbox. Then set the variable "Conversation" to the conversation title before starting the conversation.
metaevar

Post by metaevar »

it work great ! Thank you for your help :D
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help!
metaevar

Post by metaevar »

Aaaaaand of course i have another issue :D

So, when i open a conversation, all work fine, the triggers work as intended and i can have multiple conv at the same time ! When i don't open a conversation, the messages are stacked and i can red them when i open the conv later BUT if i open a conversation "mom" then go in another one to read an SMS then go back to "Mom" cause i've received a sms i can't red it, the conv is "stuck" to the last sms i've read. (it' not just mom, it's with all conv) Almost like if i've open the conv once the "already entred" dosen't work anymore :/
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Would you please send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com and include reproduction steps?
garkbeda43

Post by garkbeda43 »

Ireally sorry for the time i take to respond >< the triggers work great thank you ! but when i'm stting up all my conversation like that I've comme across another issue :/
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Is it a dialogue-related issue? What's going on?
jantahu8

Post by jantahu8 »

Is there a way to start all conversation at the start of the game ? right now it start only if you press the button, but i'd like it to always "play" the conversation in the background, even if the player don't "start" the conversation. get-vidmateapp.com mobdro download
Last edited by jantahu8 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you're starting the conversation using a Dialogue System Trigger, set the Dialogue System Trigger to OnSaveDataApplied. This is the same as setting the Dialogue System Trigger to OnStart, except if you're using the save system to load a saved game or change scenes it's also aware of that and handles it properly.