Face the speaker

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
hrohibil

Face the speaker

Post by hrohibil »

Hello

During a conversation who do i ensure that my player is looking at the speaker?
Right now my invector player has his gun in the hand and plays the idle where he looks to the side instead of right on the speaker..
Tony Li

Re: Face the speaker

Post by Tony Li »

On the player GameObject's DialogueSystemInvectorBridge component, leave Face Conversant ticked. It's ticked by default.

Make sure the conversation uses the correct conversant GameObject by assigning it to the Dialogue System Trigger's Conversation Conversant field.
hrohibil

Post by hrohibil »

Yes its on by default the tick.

As for the :

Make sure the conversation uses the correct conversant GameObject by assigning it to the Dialogue System Trigger's Conversation Conversant field.

in the NPCs Dialogue System Trigger's Conversation Conversant field the NPCs transform are already in there..

Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Sorry, imgur isn't showing those images. The thumbnails appear in your post, but I can't see the full size versions.
hrohibil

Post by hrohibil »

Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The bridge's Face Conversant checkbox only rotates the player's GameObject to face the conversant. You'll need to control the animation to make the player return to idle. Try this when the conversation starts:

- Configure a Dialogue System Events component on the player to disable vShooterMeleeInput.
- Set the animator's IsStrafing checkbox false, or whatever else you need to reset to get the animator in the regular idle state.