Adventure Creator cutscenes no longer play during conversations

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
gblekkenhorst

Adventure Creator cutscenes no longer play during conversations

Post by gblekkenhorst »

We have many conversations with are using the AC() sequence command to execute adventure creator cutscenes during conversations. Last night they suddenly stopped working, now all of the cut scenes play once the conversation has finished instead of during it. Is there a switch someone on our team may have accidentally flipped?

I was working on a modified version of the ConversationLogger.cs script when it happened, but deleting that system doesn't fix anything and I can't really imagine it could be messing with anything, it's just printing dialogue lines to a transcript menu.
Tony Li

Re: Adventure Creator cutscenes no longer play during conversations

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Did someone update Adventure Creator in your project?

Is time paused during the conversation? Perhaps there's a new option in Adventure Creator to queue up cutscenes until time becomes unpaused?
gblekkenhorst

Post by gblekkenhorst »

No AC update between the working and non-working commits. (Unfortunately a team member made a bunch of changes before we caught so we can't just roll back.) I'll ask in the AC forums as well.

It's not paused... we're using a MoveTo() command during the same conversation and that's executing just fine.

If it helps, we're using Unity 200.3.27f, AC 1.74.2 and DS 2.2.20.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Does the integration's example scene have the same issue? If you play the Example scene and talk to the trash can, it will play the Copper Pot conversation. The first response option uses an AC() sequencer command to run an actionlist that wobbles the trash can.

Would it be possible for you to send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?
gblekkenhorst

Post by gblekkenhorst »

Will email, thanks!

The cut scene works in the example project. I also tried adding my own camera move cut scene explicitly and it worked just fine - so it's gotta be something with our set up or database - it happens in all of our scenes.