Main Menu Framework and Save System questions

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
alexjet1000

Main Menu Framework and Save System questions

Post by alexjet1000 »

Hi Tony!

Im going super fast implementing the Main menu using the framework, thanks for that.

I been testing it and only one thing is bothering me:

When i try to save, i select a slot on the save panel of the main menu.
This results on a correct save that then i can load, however, i initially thought no save was done because the slot once saved has no information like load panel does, only "slot" buttons showing with no actual info about the save. Is this intended?
(Im talking about the slots info in save panel)

I would like to have the same information as in the load panel, just so the player knows whats in a slot when saving.
Right now it pops up an overwrite warning, but the player wont know whats there, so is blindly overwriting and saving.

Thank you in advance :)
Tony Li

Re: Main Menu Framework and Save System questions

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The save panel should automatically close when you save a game. Is that not happening in your project?

If you go back to the save panel, each slot button should show the summary info the same as the load panel's slot buttons.

Am I missing something? If so, can you show a screenshot of what you mean?
alexjet1000

Post by alexjet1000 »

Hi Toni,

Reading what you said that it should automatically close when i save made me notice my mistake.
I was directly opening the save panel from the editor by enabling it (just for testing).

Mosy likely this wasnt setting the correct state for the panel and probably the info was not getting called to be loaded.

I apologize for bothering you. It is working perfectly, and i congratulate you on the amazing addon for the DS. Lots of work done.

Thanks for the help :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! :-)