SaveSystem Loading in Quest nodes as incomplete when previously completed.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
OutbackGames

SaveSystem Loading in Quest nodes as incomplete when previously completed.

Post by OutbackGames »

I've stumbled across an issue and I'm not sure if anyone else here has come across it yet. Whenever I'm loading/saving using the auto saver or using my own load save code;

If I quit the application via the editor's run button and load back in, the node states for quest are no longer complete and are showing in the quest tracker hud as well as the node that should have been active but is not complete.

I have not run a built version yet, I am in the process of testing whether it is editor only or also with build.

"Return to Samuel" was the last node that was active when quitting however, when loading back in, the nodes that activate that one are also active again and are showing in the quest hud, I have to go and start the conversations again for them to complete then go back and talk to "Samuel" who will complete the quest.
See the attached images for a more complete understanding of what's happening.

Currently using the auto save/load to see if it would have solved the issue and I am also using the save wrapper for the dialogue system as well to see if that would help fix the issue. They haven't
Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Update:
Have confirmed it has the same issue in a built copy. It is not just Editor restricted.
SaveSystem Problem-1.png
SaveSystem Problem-1.png (367.8 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
SaveSystem Problem-2.png
SaveSystem Problem-2.png (356.49 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
SaveSystem Problem.png
SaveSystem Problem.png (436 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
Tony Li

Re: SaveSystem Loading in Quest nodes as incomplete when previously completed.

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

After loading a saved game, if you select the player GameObject and choose a quest to inspect in the Quest Editor window, does the Quest Editor show those previous nodes as active (blue) or true (green)?

Are there any errors or warning in the Console window?

Can you send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com?
OutbackGames

Post by OutbackGames »

Hi,

I will do my best to send a reproduction as soon as I can. The nodes are indeed blue and the test node (for checking whether they've all been talked to) is Green.

There are no errors or warnings in the console, besides the warning for Rewired not finding player id #0 (which hasn't caused any issues besides having to use string ids for rewiredplayer searching).
After Loading the Save.png
After Loading the Save.png (41.23 KiB) Viewed 2589 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Just to confirm my understanding: Prior to saving, TalkToBlacksmith, ReadElderBook, and TalkToAlchemist are green, correct?
OutbackGames

Post by OutbackGames »

That's correct :)
pre-save.png
pre-save.png (41.18 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
OutbackGames

Post by OutbackGames »

Just packaging up a reproduction, not sure why but the quest hud doesn't show in this test however, the problem is replicated into a small test scene using UI buttons :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks for sending the reproduction project. I replied to your email with a patch. The fix will also be in the next full release version.