How Can I set an auto Save/Load stuff?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
ironmanman

Re: How Can I set an auto Save/Load stuff?

Post by ironmanman »

Hi!Tony,

I have the solution now!! Thank you ~~ I will check it later on my project. Thank you for your patience! I learned a lot from talking with you . Thank you so much!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help!
ironmanman

Post by ironmanman »

Hi!Tony,

Yes, I figured it out! It works now! Thank you for your great help! I learned a lot!

Yeah~~ So happy!

Thanks again!!

You are great!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

:)
Brijac

Post by Brijac »

Hello, does this Auto Save Load Component work with Menu Framework and do you have some instructions anywhere maybe? I've read the Menu Framework documentation but there is nothing about auto save in there.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

The Auto Save Load component can work with the Menu Framework. It can be set up different ways. How do you want it to work in your game?
Brijac

Post by Brijac »

Tony Li wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:34 am The Auto Save Load component can work with the Menu Framework. It can be set up different ways. How do you want it to work in your game?
The Menu Framework has three save slot available for saving. Lets say the first one is only for auto save and two others are for manual save. Auto save feature can work on collider maybe, when a Player walks in the Auto save collider the game auto saves or maybe after completing a quest. Is any of this possible?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You can add more save slots, as many as you want.

For checkpoint saves like that, you don't need the Auto Save Load component. Just add a Trigger Event and Save System Methods to a trigger collider GameObject. Configure the Trigger Event to call SaveSystemMethods.SaveToSlot.