Dialogue System: Lua code 'Dialog = Conversation[172].Dialog' threw exception 'Lookup of field 'Dialog' in the table

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
bluebuttongames

Dialogue System: Lua code 'Dialog = Conversation[172].Dialog' threw exception 'Lookup of field 'Dialog' in the table

Post by bluebuttongames »

Dialogue System: Lua code 'Dialog = Conversation[172].Dialog' threw exception 'Lookup of field 'Dialog' in the table element failed because the table element itself isn't in the table.'

So I just did a loc integration and now I get this error. The conversation actually seems to function correctly, any ideas what that is?
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue System: Lua code 'Dialog = Conversation[172].Dialog' threw exception 'Lookup of field 'Dialog' in the table

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you're not using SimStatus, you can untick the Dialogue Manager's Other Settings > Include SimStatus. That should prevent the error message.

If you are using SimStatus, what localization integration are you using? Custom? i2? Other?

Are you playing multiple simultaneous conversations? If so, a patch is available that I can send to you.
bluebuttongames

Re: Dialogue System: Lua code 'Dialog = Conversation[172].Dialog' threw exception 'Lookup of field 'Dialog' in the table

So, I'm not using simstatus, but I think this is linked to this issue:

https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/vie ... f=3&t=3123

Adjusting the script execution order didn't work, I have hundreds of calls to the manager so going through them to find which is the problem would take days so instead I took your suggestion, renamed my dialogue manager, look for one on load and then deletes it.

A wild guess would be the second imposter Dialogue system is using Simstatus and that's causing this issue even though it's deleted?
bluebuttongames

So here's what this and the other issue was.

The save operation in the previous scene was generating a default Dialogue Manager on the last frame of the previous scene as it was loading. I'm guessing some calls just generate one if one doesn't exist?

That looks like it resolved the other sim status related bug too.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes, that's correct in version 1.x. Sorry, I keep forgetting you're using 1.x.