Quest Progress

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
terrymorgan

Re: Quest Progress

Post by terrymorgan »

Anyone know how to get an rpg kit standalone single player build to run? It locks up at select player screen.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'll be testing this as I update the RPG Kit integration. It'll be much faster than logging into a server every time I want to test a script change. If I come across any gotchas, I'll post them.
wioluskaelk

Post by wioluskaelk »

Okey, I understand. You have a lot of work, so success!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

The updated RPG Kit Support package is now available on the Extras page and in version 1.5.7, which was just released. If you'd like to download 1.5.7 before it's available on the Unity Asset Store, please PM me with your Unity Asset Store invoice number or email it to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com.

Please read the documentation! The Lua functions changed to match up with RPG Kit's new Item System. I think it's easier to use now. The function names are much clearer.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I tried the update with the 156 dialog system, no errors. Did you get a standalone build working?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes, I followed the video tutorial. To get RPG Kit 3.1 to load straight into standalone, it's just the two checkboxes. That worked fine for me.

To get it to save to PlayerPrefs, I followed the videos on setting the databases to save to PlayerPrefs instead of a remote database.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I get this every frame in the editor but game runs

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Unitycoding.RoomSystem.CreateRoomWindow.Update () (at Assets/Unitycoding/Photon Room/Scripts/Runtime/CreateRoomWindow.cs:33)

On standalone I can select player but no 'play'

I need a dropbox link for 1.5.7 please
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Terry - I'm using the full RPG Kit from the Subversion repository. Maybe there's a difference in RPG Kit Lite? That would be something to ask Zerano. Sorry I can't help there.

I'll put up a dropbox link for 1.5.7 later today.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

Maybe there's a difference in RPG Kit Lite?
The difference is fewer art assets and no subversion, only asset store. I have photon set to 'offline mode', it was 'self hosted.'

I got a dev build standalone version running and get 'object reference not set' on RoomSystem.cs 45, no info on
what to put in photon.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

terrymorgan wrote:
Maybe there's a difference in RPG Kit Lite?
The difference is fewer art assets and no subversion, only asset store. I have photon set to 'offline mode', it was 'self hosted.'

I got a dev build standalone version running and get 'object reference not set' on RoomSystem.cs 45, no info on
what to put in photon.
I did nothing except tick those two checkboxes in the video. I kind of treated the whole RPG Kit login thing as a black box. I think Zerano's going to have to figure out how to handle that 'object reference not set' error. Maybe he needs to post an updated version of RPG Kit Lite on the store?