Import main language edits from Localization import

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
fanaei

Import main language edits from Localization import

Post by fanaei »

Hi
I was working on localization of my game and I noticed when I export my conversations from "Localization Export/Import" menu, it just import localized texts and not the edits that I've done on main texts.
Is it possible to import the main dialogue texts too?
Or at least exporting the all languages in the same file?

more explanation:
Because my main language is not English, if I write English texts in main Dialogue fields, I should give them to someone else to check the grammar and edit them for me, but there is no option to import them again!
Also if I put English as a localization field and use the main field for my main language (that is Farsi) when I export my languages, as they exported in different files, it's hard to translate them in a third language, for example Chinese. The chinese guy should open two files! and it gets so hard to compare texts
Tony Li

Re: Import main language edits from Localization import

Post by Tony Li »

This is a good idea. I'll try to get it implemented in time for the next version.
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

I asked two questions in two topics and you said you'll solve them in next update. When can I expect this new update?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Which topics?

If you mean the topics you created today, then you can expect the localization update (this topic) in version 2.1.11, which will be released on Monday.

I'm still evaluating your {{shortcuts}} point-and-click suggestion. Since shortcuts can be added in code or through Sequencer Shortcuts components, they can change from scene to scene. I need to evaluate the impact this will have on editor performance and other considerations. This will not be in the version 2.1.11.
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

I've made some changes in the source files a few month ago (And honestly I can't remember which files!) So I'm afraid of updating. Cause now everything works fine. Is it possible to give me an instruction on how to have just this ability? or can you give me an update just for importing edits on main language?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I can make the changes in the next version and let you know what files changed. If you only changed the runtime scripts, you may be able to import the Editor scripts without breaking anything.

Next time, before changing the source files, feel free to let me know what changes you want to make. I may be able to suggest a way that you can implement it without having to change the source files.
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

Thanks a million.
fanaei

Post by fanaei »

I'm still waiting for version 2.1.11 and your patch
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Coming soon, hopefully by this Sunday. Sorry for the delay. Moving the evaluation versions to Unity 2019.2 meant that I had to redesign the entire build pipeline for all Pixel Crushers assets.
Rallix

Post by Rallix »

Speaking of 2019.2 (resp. 2019.3), I think the newly added visibility settings in the Hierarchy window might have messed up the placement of the Dialogue Manager icon which seems to be placed a bit too far to the left now.
Picture