Template Conversations

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
alfonso

Template Conversations

Post by alfonso »

Hi Tony

i would like to delete the unnecessary fields that i'm not using, and seeing the documentation (CSV Converter) i see that does not have a "must have" section to Conversation.
What are the must have fields of conversation? i would like to delete Pictures and Description.

Tony Li

Re: Template Conversations

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Alfonso,

You can delete those fields in your CSV file and in the template. The Dialogue System will automatically add any fields that it absolutely requires. (It requires some fields to be able to run conversations; it requires other fields to maintain compatibility with Chat Mapper.)
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

You can delete those fields in your CSV file and in the template.
if then i import this csv i will update all conversation to the new fields or i will break the database?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

When you import, it will create a new database. If the CSV format is correct and the conversion succeeds, the database will be valid. You can tell the converter to overwrite the existing database, too. It's a good idea to make a backup copy of your database first, just in case there's a problem in your CSV file.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Hi tony

all works perfecly but the actors has a issue i had a list of actor with a los of portaits and after pass the csv converter have the actors with other names(the name of one of the portaits) and any actors has portaits.

this is the csv of the actors part

Code: Select all

Actors
ID,Portrait,AltPortraits,Name,Pictures,Description,IsPlayer
Number,Special,Special,Text,Files,Text,Boolean
1,,[],Player,[],,TRUE
2,Hermit,[],Hermit,[],,FALSE
3,Chris,[Chris_Angry,Chris_Doubt,Chris_Funny,Chris_Happy,Chris_Scare,Chris_Shout,Chris_Worry],Chris,[],,TRUE
4,Charlie,[Charlie_Angry,Charlie_Doubt,Charlie_Funny,Charlie_Happy,Charlie_Scare,Charlie_Shout,Charlie_Worry],Charlie,[],,TRUE
5,Math,[Math_Angry,Math_Doubt,Math_Funny,Math_Happy,Math_Scare,Math_Shout,Math_Worry],Math,[],,FALSE
6,BigJoe,[BigJoe_Angry,BigJoe_Doubt,BigJoe_Funny,BigJoe_Happy,BigJoe_Scare,BigJoe_Shout,BigJoe_Worry],Big Joe,[],,TRUE
7,Kevin,[Kevin_Angry,Kevin_Doubt,Kevin_Funny,Kevin_Happy,Kevin_Scare,Kevin_Shout,Kevin_Worry,KevinDead,KevinDead_Angry,KevinDead_Doubt,KevinDead_Happy,KevinDead_Scare, KevinDead_Worry],Kevin,[],,True
8,John_ChrisDad,[],John,[],,FALSE
9,Nicole_ChrisMum,[],Nicole,[],,FALSE
10,Joshua_MathDad,[],Joshua,[],,FALSE
11,Heather_MathMum,[],Heather,[],,FALSE
and the template of actors

Code: Select all

<actorFields>
    <Field>
      <title>Name</title>
      <value />
      <type>Text</type>
      <typeString>CustomFieldType_Text</typeString>
    </Field>
    <Field>
      <title>Pictures</title>
      <value>[]</value>
      <type>Files</type>
      <typeString>CustomFieldType_Files</typeString>
    </Field>
    <Field>
      <title>Description</title>
      <value />
      <type>Text</type>
      <typeString>CustomFieldType_Text</typeString>
    </Field>
    <Field>
      <title>IsPlayer</title>
      <value>False</value>
      <type>Boolean</type>
      <typeString>CustomFieldType_Boolean</typeString>
    </Field>
  </actorFields>
its a issue with the csv converter?

Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Alfonso,

I'll look into this and reply back today. Depending on your needs, you may want to look into exporting to Chat Mapper XML format. That format is more robust.

For what purpose are you exporting to CSV?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Hi tony

the game we are making will be translate to 7-8 diference languages and with csv we can have a "dev_dialoguedatabase" in google sheets and each company who work in the translation can edit and modify online, and we have a realtime access to that changes and pass to "rtm_dialguedatabase"

i can ignore the actors in the process of import export, i can disable the actor opcion and this will be enough to continue without losing the actors right?

:) was more for inform about the issue
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'm working on Google Sheets integration and easier localization import/export, but it's not ready yet.

When you import the CSV file, it will create a new dialogue database. Then you should merge this into your existing dialogue database.

The next release is scheduled for early next week. You'll be able to import CSV changes into an existing database. This way you won't have to merge databases after importing.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

wooo this sounds awesome...

for now i can handle it with the merge :) and i hoping to see soon the new feature :)))
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Alfonso,

I confirmed that the Portraits and AltPortraits columns should be using semicolons (;) instead of commas (,). This will be fixed in 1.5.6 in addition to the new features.